Thursday, May 5, 2016

Coffee Table Books for the Fashion Blogger

Coffee Table Books for the Fashion Blogger

Books are extremely important and interesting. I've been growing my book collection for the past several years now. I'll ask for books for Christmas or my birthday. I love reading them straight through and then flipping through the pages once in a while. I can always find some inspiration with the selection of the following books.

Les livres sont importants et passionnants. Depuis quelques années, j'agrandis ma collection de beaux-livres. J'en demande à Noël ou pour mon anniversaire. J'adore les lire d'une traite et puis les feuilleter de temps en temps. J'arrive toujours à trouver de l'inspiration avec cette sélection que je vous ai faite.

It by Alexa Chung [Coffee Table Books for the Fashion Blogger]

It by Alexa Chung

Alexa Chung's humor is unbeatable. When I read her book, I feel like I can almost hear her British accent which I love. Her illustrations are as beautiful as the love stories and concerts she writes about.

L'humour d'Alexa est incomparable. Quand je lis son livre, j'ai presque l'impression d'entendre son accent "british" que j'aime tant. Les illustrations sont aussi belles que ses histoires d'amour et de concerts.

Love Style Life Garance Doré [Coffee Table Books for the Fashion Blogger]

Love Style Life by Garance Doré

Oh Garance... what a fashion and love advice pioneer! Her book is well written (compared to most recent bloggers' books). I loved her chapter on how to say "hello", the importance of saying "thank you" and her lesson on elegance. It was a pleasure to read such a humorous and raw story. 

Ah Garance... quelle pionnière de la mode et de l'amour! Ce livre est bien écrit (comparé à quelques livres de blogueuses qui sont sortis récemment). J'ai adoré son chapitre sur la façon de réussir son "bonjour", dire merci et qu'est-ce que l'élégance. C'était un plaisir de lire une histoire écrite avec humour et sincérité.

 [Coffee Table Books for the Fashion Blogger]

Fashion History book [Coffee Table Books for the Fashion Blogger]

Fashion: A History from the 18th to the 20th Century Taschen

This fashion bible is a hard and dense read. I'll admit that I admired the photos more than I read the text (similar to that of a dictionary). I love the glossy pages and photos of the intricate details on dresses. 

Bible de l'histoire de la mode, ce livre ne se lit pas facilement. J'avoue avoir plutôt admiré les photos que lu le texte (un peu comme lire un dictionnaire). J'aime ses pages en papier glacé et ses photos de robes travaillées. 

The Dress [Coffee Table Books for the Fashion Blogger]

The Dress by Megan Hess

This book was extremely captivating and the fashion illustrations were so magnificent that I read it in one night. These 100 dresses were so well drawn that it’s easy to picture them on models. The little vignettes accompanying the dress illustrations were interesting from a historical perspective. 

J'ai dévoré ce livre en une nuit tant le texte était captivant et les illustrations des robes magnifiques. Ces 100 robes étaient dessinées avec une telle passion que j'arrivais à les imaginer sur un mannequin. Les petites vignettes accompagnant les robes étaient intéressantes du point de vue historique.

Mon Paris by Willy Ronis [Coffee Table Books for the Fashion Blogger]

Mon Paris by Willy Ronis

Photography and Paris go hand in hand. Each monument, building or person is beautifully photographed. As an amateur photographer, this book was such a good inspiration. It’s also interesting to see the Paris of other people because our points of view are quite different. 

Paris et la photographie vont bien ensemble. Chaque monument, immeuble ou personne photographié(e) est magnifique. En tant que photographe amateur, ce livre m'est une source d'inspiration. C'est aussi intéressant de découvrir le Paris de quelqu'un d'autre, car nos points de vues ne sont pas les mêmes.

 [Coffee Table Books for the Fashion Blogger]
photos: ME
~Emma

27 comments:

  1. What wonderful thoughts and photos. Warm greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this!!! Can't wait to get some coffee table books for my first apartment I move into at the end of the month!
    -Olivia
    Miss Olivia Says

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't get too many because there should still be room for coffee :) Good luck moving

      Delete
  3. That Alexa Chung book has been one I have wanted to read for a while! And Garance Dors book too!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog and I am a new follower!
    I hope that you follow me too :)
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  5. The last fashion book I bought was the Prada one, but reading it is kinda impossible, with 8 lb that dang book is far too heavy, lol.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I was going to get it but decided it was too expensive.

      Delete
  6. I've just started Love Style Life and I love it! It's so amazing, and I feel like I'm learning loads.

    nolongergrey.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely selection :)

    The Cutielicious
    http://www.thecutielicious.com
    Federica

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely need to check these out! Thanks for sharing x
    Jill
    Jill D Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Fashion books. I have so many of them, but the one by Alexa Chung is still on my bucket list!
    xx
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice post!!!
    Have a wonderful weekend!!! my g+ for you!!!:)))

    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. J'adore Paris merci de nous faire connaitre ce livre autour cette fantastique capital europenne
    La photographie ce une grand passion
    Bisous

    ReplyDelete
  12. Reading book can be so fun (: x I love to read book too during my free time.

    http://birdiethgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah, le livre de Garance, un vrai plaisir !

    ReplyDelete
  14. Première fois que je découvre ton blog, en tout cas, très joli compte instagram, je suis ! :)

    N'hésite pas à venir voir mon blog et me donner des conseils, je commence juste. Bisous

    www.getitgirlweb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci Steffie. C'est toujours sympa de recevoir des commentaires comme le tien. Je vais faire un tour sur ton blog!

      Delete

I read every comment and will check out your blog.

You want to chat? Email me at petite.maison.of.fashion@gmail.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...