Tuesday, March 18, 2014

The Uniform

Pimkie vest, H&M jeans, Forever 21 shirt, Meg Erickson bag, Madden Girl booties, vintage sunglasses, gifted necklace, Walmart & shop from Boston rings
When I was in Angers last year on my school trip, I felt like a walking rainbow. My Little Marcel shirt, my plum pants etc. made me stand out too much, exactly like my bag story. This year, I opted out for the total urban look: black jeans, black leather jacket, black shoes, black bag, black sunglasses, basically everything in black (without looking gothic). I find this way of dressing oneself to be only flattering on those with a fuller complexion and not pale skin. It's quite easy to dress simply in black and grey scales early in the morning since you don't need to struggle matching colors. I add a touch of color, wether it be a textured shirt, patterned or colored to add a pop of brightness to the look. I still like the artist's pallet! 

L'année dernière, quand je suis partie à Angers avec mon école, j'avais l'impression d'être un arc-en-ciel ambulant. Mon haut Little Marcel à rayures colorées, mon pantalon couleur prune etc. me faisaient trop ressortir, exactement comme mon histoire du sac! Cette année, j'ai décidé d'opter pour le total look urbain: jean noir, veste en cuir noir, chaussures noires, sac noir, lunettes de soleil noir, enfin le tout en noir (sans avoir l'air goth). Je trouve que ce style va à tout le monde qui n'est pas trop pâle. C'est assez facile de s'habiller le matin en tons gris et noirs car il ne faut pas trop chercher à assortir sa tenue. J'ajoute une pointe de couleur, que ce soit un haut avec de la texture ou à motif pour donner un peu de gaité. J'aime quand même la palette d'artiste!



8 comments:

  1. Great post dear:)
    Love reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. un look sympa avec une une belle touche de couleurs

    bisous
    http://livelifeamour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great casual look! Your hair is amazing!


    http://www.MARTASFASHIONDIARY.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look amazing in every outfit (: and lovely accessories! x

    http://birdiethgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Très belles, photos, j'adore cet endroit!! Et puis ton sac est absolument magnifique!!! Ton look est parfait!!
    xx, Jade

    ReplyDelete
  6. adore the side braid :) you look good in that outfit btw!

    http://only4feet9.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Black is always classic, and I love your uniform :)

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment and will check out your blog.

You want to chat? Email me at petite.maison.of.fashion@gmail.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...